Wednesday 4 June 2008

My swap quastionnaire!

From Sally P aka KingOfTheFrogs

Part One: Crafting
Do you knit, crochet, or both? both
What do you like to make? Hats and scarves, occasional wristwarmers. Not got as far as gloves yet. Would like to make more bags but I’m scared of (to lazy to bother) lining them. I do make bigger projects like cardigans and jumpers but I always have a smaller project on the go for portability and for quicker gratification. Except socks! The yarn is too thin and it takes ages! I made one and a bit then frogged the lot.
Do you have a favourite project? At the moment it’s a cabled hat I made from jaeger roma, its so soft and not too hot I’ve been wearing it all the time at the moment even though I don’t really need to.
Do you have a favourite type of fiber or brand of yarn? Too many! I love pure wool yarns but my skin finds them itchy so I’m trying out plant fibres at the moment. My most recent favourite yarn is jaeger roma which I like so much I bought and swapped for rather a lot of it. I really like the recycled sari silk yarn that is all different colours, as well as the sari silk waste you can get to spin stuff from. I really love intense colours so any noro yarn is good too!
Do you have a least favourite type of yarn? Mohair and boucle
Do you do any other crafts? I spindle spin J and do wet felting sometimes too
Do you knit in public? If so where do you like knitting and what is your "portable" project? My portable project at the moment is a roll-brim hat I’m making out of my first good amount of hand spun yarn
What do you carry your "portable" knitting in? I re-use plastic shopping bags but the needles poke holes in them. I’ve got too many WIPs at the moment for the number of project bags I’ve got, which is not very many!
Are there any knitting gifts (book, toy, yarn, item, tool) that you have been lusting over? Oooh rowan summer tweed, cherry tree hill supersock merino (gorgeous colours). twinkle's big city knits, i want to knit the twinkle hoody with some colinette i've got. i've just about come to the conclusion that i will have to buy the book tho as there are no similar patterns online. i've been collecting balls of green jaeger matchmaker recently, not entirely sure what for but i'll figure it out

Part Two: Your Favourites
What is your favourite colour? Teal, grey, blue-base greens, turquoise, rainbow coloured stuff. purple, deep blues
What is your least favourite colour? Yellow and orange
What scents/smells do you like? What don’t you like? I like fruity and spicy smells. I don’t like vanilla scented things so much. I love the smell of lilies and honeysuckle.
How do you like to pamper yourself? (bubble bath, hand creams, massage, manicure) I like to have a big hot bath with a Lush bath thingy. With chocolate and a good book J or sometimes radio 4. I get dry skin and excema so I have to use special skin cream so I don’t tend to pamper myself with creams.
What goodies to you like to eat? (chocolate, biscuits, sweets,crisps etc) chocolate! I like chocolate - dark chocolate and orange flavour chocolate, and honeycomb like in crunchie bars, or chocolate with nuts in or truffles or erm well anything really. Basically I’m happy with anything sweet!
Do you prefer tea or coffee while you knit? Any particular kind? I like tea but I don’t drink too much black tea cos of the caffeine. I like green tea and rosehip tea a lot, and fruit tea made with berries like raspberry and cranberry
Do you listen to/watch anything while you knit? (TVshow-Along, movies, music, podcasts, audiobooks) I watch sci fi with my boyfriend – dr who, battlestar galactica and heroes, ooh and serenity. not sure if heroes counts as sci fi but I watch it anyway J sometimes I listen to Russell brand’s podcast while knitting, or the radio 4 Friday night comedy podcast

Part Three: About you, Living & Past-times
If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be (and why)? Hmm I’d be something soft – I love snuggling up in soft cushions and things, and if I walk past something fluffy or soft in a shop I have to stroke it, yarn or not! I’d probably quite boldly coloured – I am outspoken and often argumentative. I think I’d be a self striping/variegated yarn cos I like stripes and I’ve got lots of different interests. So soft, brightly coloured and stripey. A regia-style self striping sock yarn with erm silk in it?
Where do you live in the UK? (General idea not address) the north east, which is also where I’m from
Have you always lived here, or did you grow up somewhere else? I grew up in the north east, Leicestershire and South Yorkshire, and now I’ve come back to the north east for uni J
What is your favourite place in the UK? Can I say the coast? I really like spending time in the sea, on the sea, on the beach and in the general area of the coast
If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? Japan without hesitation! I love the food and I’d love to immerse myself in the culture and language
What other hobbies do you have? Swing dance - aka lindy hop, jitterbug etc. I love it and it gives me an excuse to get dressed up in 20s, 30s and 40s style clothing :-D , scuba diving – just qualified recently and am looking forward to a summer of exploring underwater, watching anime (Japanese cartoons) – ones I like include naruto, studio ghibli films, and chobits. I volunteer for the Jubilee Sailing Trust (http://www.jst.org.uk) and so I go tall ship sailing every year which I really enjoy.

Part Four: The Theme


this is a picture of the sea on a lovely day earlier this year when me and my friends went for a walk along the coast in northumbria. I think the colours are all gorgeous and I love the amazing variety of life you can find along the coast. On this particular walk there was a wide variety of types of beaches too it was brill. We sat on the sand and ate our sandwiches and listened to the waves and everything was good :-)

Final Part:
Any allergies/preferences (fiber-wise or treat-wise)? nope
Anything we missed that you’d like your partner to know? I really like dressing up for fancy dress parties J and trying new things. and I hate sewing in ends – I knit in the round whenever I can. I don’t have a blog because I can’t be arsed and because I didn’t think anyone would read it.

No comments: