Sunday 8 June 2008

My Questionnaire- gemjams

Part One: Crafting
Do you knit, crochet, or both?
Knit
What do you like to make?
Anything. At the moment I’m making a lot of socks, because I’m quite busy at the mo and the only time I have to knit is the bus.
Do you have a favourite project?
Socks.
Do you have a favourite type of fiber or brand of yarn?
No. I’ve only been knitting for just over a year so I haven’t got a favourite yet. I do love handspun merino though. Oh and the fab Regia colours.
Do you have a least favourite type of yarn?
Anything acrylic. Oh and I’ve just started a project with sublime kid mohair and hate it! (the yarn not the scarf)
Do you do any other crafts?
Not really
Do you knit in public? If so where do you like knitting and what is your "portable" project?
Yes. Socks (do you notice a theme developing?)
What do you carry your "portable" knitting in?
Sometimes they make it into a ziplock bag, most of the time they are tossed into my backpack with a million other things. I’m sorry!!
Are there any knitting gifts (book, toy, yarn, item, tool) that you have been lusting over? So many things!! Knit picks harmony DBNs (3mm), laceweight (2ply) yarn, Favourite Socks by Ann Budd (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Favorite-Socks-Ann-Budd/dp/1596680326/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212936714&sr=1-1)

Part Two: Your Favourites
What is your favourite colour?
Red / Bright Pink
What is your least favourite colour?
Don’t really have one… maybe brown?
What scents/smells do you like? What don’t you like?
I hate the smell of vanilla (it’s a long and quite sad story).
How do you like to pamper yourself? (bubble bath, hand creams, massage, manicure)
I’ve got very sensitive skin. I generally use baby products, although I have just discovered the bert’s bees range. It’s probably best not to go there!
What goodies to you like to eat? (chocolate, biscuits, sweets,crisps etc)
I love the gummy sweets like haribo gummy bears and those giant gummy strawberries. I also love anything that’s fizzy / sour. So if it’s gummy and covered in fizzy sugar then you are on to a winner! (my god- how am I not the size of a house??)
Do you prefer tea or coffee while you knit? Any particular kind?
I’m a coffee addict!! I also love tea (not the fruit ones /chai ones though). Earl Grey is a favourite.
Do you listen to/watch anything while you knit? (TVshow-Along, movies, music, podcasts, audiobooks)
I like watching (or rather listening to) tv when I knit. CSI NY is a particular fav. Law and order SVU, CSI, House, How I met your mother, etc etc. I’m a bit obsessed with 80’s brat pack movies at the mo (breakfast club, st elmo fire etc). Love the cheese!!

Part Three: About you, Living & Past-times
If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be (and why)?
This is such a hard question to answer!! I would be some brightly coloured sock yarn… self striping as I’m easily distracted!...and brightly coloured because I’m quite outgoing and talkative.
Where do you live in the UK? (General idea not address)
Manchester. Although boyfriend lives in London so I tend to move between the two quite a bit.
Have you always lived here, or did you grow up somewhere else?
Moved around a lot!!
What is your favourite place in the UK?
Lake District, Stridding Edge on Helvellyn in particular.
If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
New Zealand / japan
What other hobbies do you have?
Walking, Climbing, running (I’m planning on running the London marathon next year), cycling.

Part Four: The Theme
As part of this swap we are asking you to post (or link to) a picture or photograph you like. Your swap pal will use the photo as a basis for a themed item or parcel.
It could be of a specific item, e.g. Jellybeans, an Alpaca, a rainbow or a scene e.g. sunset, beach, woodland or anything else you can think of! Please add a few words to explain why you have chosen the photo if you think this is appropriate.
It could be a photo you have taken or a picture you have found on the internet. Please note - if the picture is not yours please ensure you seek permission from the owner before posting it on your blog. Alternatively, you can link to the original picture.

picture


Hopefully this link works. I love monkeys / primates etc. Monkey is the nickname attributed to me by my boyfriend (thanks for that!) Now all my friends and family have caught on too!! My father now calls me: simple monkey child! Oh dear!


Final Part:
Any allergies/preferences (fiber-wise or treat-wise)?
Anything we missed that you’d like your partner to know? Nope.

No comments: