Thursday 29 May 2008

Questionnaire by Aardvarkentje a.k.a. Linde

Part One: Crafting
Do you knit, crochet, or both?

Knit


W
hat do you like to make?
Shawls, bags, socks; anything colourful (& easy,
although I am slowly increasing the level of difficulty).

Do you have a favourite project?
No, not yet; I am still a not-very-productive beginner.

Do you have a favourite type of fibre or brand of yarn?
I like Noro because of the colours; otherwise I like chunky yarns and soft yarns. I also like wool top to hand-felt with.

Do you have a least favourite type of yarn?
Synthetic, and (being a vegetarian) don’t particularly like silk, and I don’t really like knitting with cotton.

Do you do any other crafts?
Felting, sowing, drawing.

Do you knit in public? If so where do you like knitting and what is your "portable" project?
Yes; at knitting-group, or sometimes in a train or in a cafe or in a park. Socks or a shawl, anything I am working on at that moment; I am trying to be wise and only work on one project at a time : ).

What do you carry your "portable" knitting in?
I don’t have a special bag and usually put it in a dull plastic bag inside my backpack...

Are there any knitting gifts (book, toy, yarn, item, tool) that you have been lusting over?
No, not really, although I do want to learn to knit or crotchet strange creatures (ones with character). I’d also like to felt more, either by hand-felting wool tops, or felting knitted items; bags for instance. Or if you’re into crocheting or knitting individuals/silly adorable creatures, I’d love to adopt one : )


Part Two: Your Favourites
What is your favourite colour?
Green + bright colours

What is your least favourite colour?
Pastels

What scents/smells do you like? What don’t you like?
That’s hard, I guess I like spicy and green smells. Not too sweet.

How do you like to pamper yourself? (bubble bath, hand creams, massage, manicure)
A hot bath to unwind, but a real treat is just reading a book on the couch in my pyjama's : )I am not really into cosmetics, but do like parfum once in a while. Sometimes pamper myself with a bunch of flowers, although I'm not sure whether that counts as 'pampering'.

What goodies to you like to eat? (chocolate, biscuits, sweets, crisps etc)
Chocolates, biscuits, and recently: Jellybeans

Do you prefer tea or coffee while you knit? Any particular kind?
Tea. Lapsang souchong, rose pouchong, sometimes Chai Tea. However, no fruity teas (I DO sound picky : ).

Do you listen to/watch anything while you knit? (TV show-Along, movies, music, podcasts, audio books).
I try to watch television while knitting but am not good at it : ). Maybe I should try an audio book; would love to try to the Dalai Lama talking, to see if that works : ) Otherwise I only manage to follow a film or program if I’ve seen it lots of times before or if it is a bit slow, so I do manage to knit with: Amélie, Wallace & Gromit, and QI. Sometimes listen to Bic Runga, classical music or KT Tunstall or lots of other things.

Part Three: About you, Living & Past-times
If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be (and why)? Hmmm… probably Noro Blossom. Colourful, a mix, eclectic, changing colour all the time (unpredictable perhaps), soft.

Where do you live in the UK? (General idea not address)
Scotland

Have you always lived here, or did you grow up somewhere else?
Born in
Australia, grew up (well, still growing up at the moment, actually) in the Netherlands.

What is your favourite place in the UK?
Kew
gardens.

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Hmmm... lots of places, but maybe first:
Madagascar- for the wildlife (chameleons!).

What other hobbies do you have?
Photography, trying to make plants grow on the balcony, reading, aikido.

Part Four: The Theme

Picked this one, because:

The lightness of spring and newness of spring leaves

+ I like the lines and blurriness in this picture

Final Part: Any allergies/preferences (fibre-wise or treat-wise)?
Don’t particularly like synthetic fibres or silk. Well, I actually LOVE the look and feel of silk, but not the idea of where it came from : /

No comments: